The UASB (Upflow Anaerobic Sludge Blanket) process is the most commonly applied anaerobic technology for the biological treatment of industrial effluents.
The first UASB pilot plant was installed at a beet sugar refinery in The Netherlands (CSM Suiker) in the 1970’s. Thereafter, a large number of full scale UASB plants were installed throughout The Netherlands at sugar refineries, potato starch processing plants and other food industries as well as at paper recycle plants. Nowadays the UASB process is a proven and worldwide accepted process in and for different types of effluent streams.
Characteristics of HydroThane STP® UASB are:
– Maximum process stability because of its controlled external re-circulation flow and is not depending on the influent COD/flow
– Due to the complete overpressure design of the HydroThane STP® UASB process a (bio)gas holder is not required
– Phase separators are constructed completely of PP, so no corrosion possibilities
– Phase separators are based on the mammoth stream principle
– No complex internals (like tilted plates) or rotating equipment inside the reactor (no maintenance, no clogging at all within the reactor)
– Loading rates of the HydroThane STP® UASB reactor are typically in the range of 5 –1 5 kg COD/m3.day.
HydroThane will attend in Gorinchem (The Netherlands) the Aqua Netherlands Trade Show, 13, 14 and 15 March 2018. Aqua Nederland Vakbeurs is a national trade …
Estonian Cell, the mechanical aspen pulp mill of Heinzel Holding GmbH in Estonia, increased its biogas production by 1.5 times in 2016. At the heart …
HydroThane will attend in Gorinchem (The Netherlands) the Aqua Netherlands Trade Show, 21, 22 and 23 March 2017. Aqua Nederland Vakbeurs is a national trade …